BMW Motorrad had proudly present there concept of R18/2 at the recent EICMA. Now we do have the information on its one of its kind 1800cc engine.
Specifications of 1800 CC Engine
- OHV Air / Oil Cooling Boxer Twin Engine.
- 4 Valve Boxer Twin Engine Maximum Displacement 1,802cc Bore 107.1mm.
- Stroke 100mm Horsepower 67kw (91HP) / 4,750rpm Torque 158Nm / 3,000rpm 2,000rpm ～4,000rpm.
- Idling is 950rpm maximum speed .
- The crankshaft and connecting rod are equipped with plain bearings to reduce vibration.
- Dual ignition.
- 2 camshafts.
- As with conventional 2-valve boxers, the valve clearance can be adjusted manually.
- Constant mesh 6-speed transmission.
- Single plate dry clutch with anti-hopping function.
- A reverse gear is available as an option. (Drive by intermediate gear and motor).
Building an altogether new OHV livery with tasted of modern technology is something difficult but exciting and that is what BMW Motorrad has done.
Classic form but having the latest tech. The commercial production model of R1800 C will be showcased. Engineers of BMW Motorrad had put a lot of effort to bring this new platform to live. Now how does it fare in the market we need to see.
The new platform is set against to compete with
- Triumph Thunderbird Storm
- Victory Freedom
- Suzuki M1800/C1800
- Honda VTX1800
- Harley Davidson
- Indian Chief
- Honda Goldwing
- Yamaha VX 1900 and a couple of others.
Today, we proudly present our new Concept R 18 /2. We’re looking forward to seeing all cruiser fans enjoying the chopper-style seat, discussing the hot-rod character and appreciating all the hard work and passion we’ve put into this bike! ? #MakeLifeARide #Soulfuel #BMWMotorrad pic.twitter.com/vc08Yfwkce— BMW Motorrad (@BMWMotorrad) November 5, 2019
Source : BMW Motorrad