Last what we heard about Aprilia RS 660 was when it was to be unveiled in All-Stars event that was scheduled on May 9th, 2020, in Mugello, Italy.
However, the event was delayed due to COVID-19.
The spy shots of Aprilia RS 660 have now again re-surfaced but this time it is different. Let’s see the difference.
- It looks like to be in the final stage as it is seen on the public road being tested. It’s almost completed (because it’s not the same as what we have been posted earlier).
- There are rear seats and tandem steps.
- It is not clear whether it will be a two-seater model or a one-seater model.
The photo looks like it’s in Europe. The right bike is CBR650R. This is a commercial model, isn’t it?
By the way, the figure is registered as a design. As you can see, it’s a one-seater. When you compare the spy shot.
- Comes with a rear seat.
- With tandem steps.
- Different shape of tail cowl.
- Different shape of the tail lamp.
- Is the spring of the rear shock different in colour?
- Rear fender looks different.
- The position of the rear reflector is different and
- Does it have a silencer cover?
We understand that a two-seater model will arrive, but what happens to a one-seater model then?
Well, we wonder there are probably several versions of RS660.
Could be a race-spec and standard spec, unlike the ZX-25R.
- Engine type: DOHC water-cooled 270 ° 2-cylinder
- Displacement: 660cc
- Horsepower: 100HP
- Dry weight: 169kg
It is a spec, but only part of it has been clarified.
2020 model RS660 equipment
- Front fork: KYB 41mm (adjustable)
- Front brake: 320mm disc / Brembo 4POT
- Rear brake: Brembo
- Aluminium frame
- Aluminium swingarm
- 6-axis IMU
- Adjustable cornering ABS
- 5 riding modes (Commute / Dynamic / User Settings / Race x2)
- ATC: Adjustable traction control
- AWC: Adjustable wheelie control
- ACC: Cruise control
- AQS: Up and down quick shifter
- AEB: Engine brake control
- AME: Engine mode
- All LED lighting equipment
- Automatic headlight lighting (when it gets dark)
- Cornering light
- Emergency stop signal
- Meter has 2 modes: road and truck
- Aprilia MIA: Smartphone cooperation
But is it possible to have such a luxurious specification in today’s world?
If you think so, we think the single-seat and other areas will likely work. We expect Aprilia will formally announce the RS660 in a short while.
Also, do we expect Tuono 660 in 2021 as the concept was showcased in the last EICMA?