Good news is Indian FTR 1200 will come in two different variants and they will be coming soon. Unlike Ducati had opted the strategy where in they had come up with various accessories for Scrambler.Indian has opted the strategy on similar lines.
FTR will be available in two variants.The FTR 1200 and the FTR 1200 S. The S includes all the great features of the FTR 1200 but has the following in addition:
- Fully adjustable front and rear piggy-back suspension with preload, compression, and rebound adjustments so riders can perfectly match the bike to their personal riding style.
- 4.3-inch customisable Ride Command LCD touch screen with Bluetooth compatibility.
- Lean-angle sensitive stability control, ABS traction control, and wheelie mitigation control for improved confidence and control
- Three Ride Modes (Sport, Standard, Rain) with unique throttle response traction control intervention levels.
The four collections: Tracker, Rally, Sport and Tour are four curated collections from the extensive lineup of customizing options (over 40 items).They have been curated into collections to provide inspiration for the riders to see what is possible from the customization options.
You can mix and match to create your own style creation, the customer can choose to order and fit as few or as many customization options as they wish, in any combination.
- Sport: The Sport collection is a no-nonsense assembly of carbon fibre parts that scream speed and visually underscore the FTR 1200’s performance potential. The Sport collection is the FTR 1200 distilled down to its athletic core, outfitted with a low mount slip-on exhaust by Akrapovič, and a unique carbon fibre front mudguard, tank cover and seat cowl.
- Tracker: The Tracker collection for the FTR 1200 is most representative of the bike’s flat-track racing roots. It’s the closest riders will come to a street-legal FTR750 race bike. A shallow seat with a unique seat cowl, high-mount slip-on exhaust by Akrapovič, and side-mounted number plates set the Tracker collection apart.
- Tourer: The Tour collection provides a heavy dose of utility, turning the FTR 1200 into a highway weapon for smashing miles on longer journeys. With plenty of storage via water-resistant, roll-top side messenger bag, tank bag, and a windshield, the Tour collection keeps FTR 1200 riders comfortable on longer-hauls.
- Rally: The Rally collection draws inspiration from lonely camp sites traversed on forgotten forest roads. Riders will immediately notice sturdy aluminium spoked wheels and a high-mount Akrapovič exhaust on the Rally collection. A unique seat, mudguards, tank covers, windscreen, Rally Handlebar by ProTaper, and a high-mount license plate holder round out the Rally collection. The configuration allows the FTR 1200 to take full advantage of the bike’s 150 mm of suspension travel.
However the prices of these variants are not yet disclosed.The variants will make their way at the start of 2019 and I hope that with these variants Indian makes a good start.
FTR 1200 Sport
Source : Indian