At EICMA, Kawasaki released information on its future vision of electric motorcycle that had started since 2000. Yes, back in 2000. You heard it right. Now we have more information on Kawasaki’s electric bike.
To us, it doesn’t seem like an entire sports bike as the clip-on is pulled up and posture of the rider, if we look at the video, it is more composed as compared to the sports bike.
Information in Nov 2019
- Its bike that we see is close to Kawasaki’s Ninja 650.
- Middleweight Kawasaki road bike suspension and brakes are used.
- The trellis frame technology used in the Ninja and Z series is used.
- The motorcycle weighs 219kg.
- 20kw output during acceleration, close to 10kw production during the cruise.
- 100km range is expected.
- Clutch a 4-speed gear transmission.
- It can be charged with a fast-charging system or a 100-240V household power supply.
Now we see more information on the prototype that Kawasaki has unveiled.
- KAWASAKI is developing an electric motorcycle → A prototype was unveiled
- The announced prototype and the model that is rumored to be commercially available are different.
- Earlier it had patented steel pipe truss
- Or rather the same as a previously filed patent
- Chain drive
- Gear change type. 4 speed
Rumored model (different from prototype)
- Spending a lot of money on development
- Not a real sports model
- Aluminum backbone frame
- Is it with a variable cooling mechanism?
- There is a little possibility that the meter is a touch panel
- Expected to be around 2.5 million to 3 million yen in the industry
- The cruising range is about 150km
- May not come out
Well, what we could see it is similar to Harleys Livewire.
Kawasaki electric bike is a type that can shift gears, so we could see the difference with the leading electric motorcycle.
It is likely to be the first EV that can be changed by significant companies.
Source : YouTube