While i have been telling you about the new BMW S1000 RR patent that was filed in Sep 2018 and then BMW teasing its S1000 RR mulitiple times. Now the arrival of this top gun from BMW is scheduled on June 25 in India with below specs
- 4 kg lighter new 4 cylinder engine.
- 152 kw (207 HP) / 13,500 rpm, 113 Nm / 11,000 rpm · BMW shift cam installed. Variable valve timing stroke (new cam shaft on the right).
- A torque of at least 100 Nm occurs at 5,500 rpm to 14,500 rpm
Linear torque curve. Improvement of rid-ability and controllability in low to medium speed range.
- Optional electronic control suspended DDC (dynamic damping control) is prepared.New valve and control technology.
- Full Floater Pro kinematics, 300 g weight reduction of the new rear suspension.
- 11 to 14.5 kg weight reduction from the current, the usual model is 197 kg of vehicle weight (193.5 kg in M package).
- New type exhaust system lighter by 1.3 kg.
- New riding modes .Standard is Rain, Road, Dynamic, Race.Pro mode is available as an option. Added three customizable race Pro modes. Pro mode can customize DTC, ABS, Wheelie control, throttle curve (torque adjustment), engine brake control etc individually.Launch control in professional mode, adjustable pit lane limiter available as well.
- Full LED lighting machine and Tail lamp and blinker.
- The new 6.5-inch meter realizes excellent readability. Screens for public roads and three race screens (Core screens) are prepared.
The new S1000RR will be available in three makes on international level, S1000RR Sport, Standard Make and S1000RR accompanied with M package.The standard model may get a price tag above Rs 18 Lakhs ex -showroom and M Package close to 25 lakhs and Sport in between Standard and M.