As Super Motos are evolving and every manufacturer is trying to bring best innovations in Super Motos. KTM is not staying behind . KTM is filling the gap of Super Motos in there mid size segment and these are the same Super Motos recently spotted.KTM will bring the frame from Adventure models but it is going to be updated.
Other good thing is it is going to
- Come with steep head angle for steering.
- Flat handlebar for more confident ride.
- Tires with dimensions 120/70 R17 front and 180/55 R17 rear.
- Engine will churn 103 hp and will be twin.
- Kiska headlights for better vision.
- Tank covers similar to Duke Prototype.
- Front fender comes mounted on the fork bridge similar to SMC models
Twin sister will apart from Supermoto 790 SMC, the tourable 790 SMT is also going to come.
- It is expected to come with large fuel tank may be between 16 to 18 litres instead of 14 litres.
- Bench of SMT comes lower compared to SMC.
- Handlebar will be quite comfortable.
And SMC will compete with Ducati Hypermotard and Aprilia Dorsoduro 900.
- Prototypes has showed only the Brembo stoppers of the 790 Duke R that are used.
The starting price tag of SMC could be 12,000 Euros and that will be another good thing over the price of Ducati and it is well above Aprilia.
- Electronic package still remains to be unknown as to what KTM will add but we expect multi stage traction control, cornering ABS and more to come with the package.
Both SMT and SMC are likely to be unveiled in 2020.
Source : KTM