- Suzuki also has plans for off-road vehicles and motards.
- There is a plan, but the sales volume of off road motorcycles in the US market are not as high.
- We think something will come out if we see more traction of off-road motorcycles in the US market. But that is likely to happen not that soon.
- That again means the priority is low.
The information comes from the Tokyo Motor Show 2019.
In the US, there are lineups like this. They sell DR650SE and DR-Z250 2-cycle TF125 in Australia.
Plan to make DR-Z400S / SM FI
- Talks from various places are asking for DR-Z400S / SM to be converted to FI and revive.
- There is a plan to make DR-Z400S / SM FI.
Of course, is not an official answer.
Likely to come out, but not soon
As you may know about the DR-Z400S and DR-Z400SM, it’s Suzuki’s 400 off the engine.
The headlights are dark; it has a gorgeous underbody. It is no more in production from last ten years.
Currently, the lineup is available only in countries where regulations such as the United States and Australia are loose.
It seems that there are many such requests as far as the story tells, but that it is difficult immediately because it lacks off-motor popularity.
Suzuki’s oil-cooled adventure looks promising
Suzuki has announced a new oil-cooled engine in the Jixar 250 series, but at present, the lineup includes a full cowl SF250 and a naked Jixar 250.
So, we feel derivative models will be released using this engine. As far as we can tell, there was already a plan for adventure, and the Suzuki may have started the development.
Suzuki’s off-motor is unlikely for a while, but as for adventure, it is highly likely that it will come out not too far with oil-cooled 250 ccs.
Custom : Revival Cycle brings something cool
Titan Motorcycles brings custom Indian Scout
Derbi Senda 50
Royal Enfiled to bring new 250 cc motorcycle
Suzuki Katana brings the cult 125R
250cc , three cylinder cross plane Yamaha